Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hi All.
Second post, and still wondering why I am doing this. But I know it is the love of food and wine.

Tonight, had dinner at our friend Terrell's, she had a couple of small pork tenderloins on the grill. Terrell, Bill, Bernie and I were there.

Bernie and I harvested some fresh collard greens from our garden and cooked them up in good old fashioned southern style with bacon fat, ham hock and red peppers, cooked for about 3 hours and they were great!!! Especially with the pork. We also had some homegrown tomatoes and cucumbers that had to be used, so I made a salad of heirloom tomatoes, cucumber and homemade bell peppers tossed with a little olive oil, crushed garlic and a finely diced jalapeno pepper. It was great!! I had a small taste . . I do not like tomatoes!! But I love growing them. Terrell also made a great pan roasted potato with rosemary. The wine was ok, and I will not go into a lot of detail tonight, but for an inexpensive wine, Sutter Home Cabernet is not that bad.

Bernie, ABW previously mentioned in the last post, my partner, now that I have permission to use his name, was inspired by the movie Julie and Julia, and the dish that everyone rants about. So. . . . tomorrow, Bernie is going to make Julia's Beef Bourguigon, and take it to Terrell's on Tuesday for dinner. Bill will again be there as well. It should be a great dinner as usual at the McPhees's.


Yours in food and wine,

Ron

Harry Cantrell
"My only regret in life is that I didn't drink enough Champagne."

No comments:

Post a Comment