Monday, August 17, 2009

Cardwell Hill Pinot Noir 2007

I have neglected to mention the wine we had with the BB. I had brought several bottles of Cardwell Hill Pinot Noir 2007. This is a great Pinot for the price. It is $16.95 at the state wine stores, in other markets this wine runs $22-24 per bottle, but because they are a small production winery, they get a break here in Utah. Cardwell Hill is a Willamette Valley, Oregon Pinot. It has nice fruit, nice acidity and structure. I like it better than the 2005, which scored an 89 in the Wine Spectator. I would put the 2007 vintage at a 90-91. This is certainly worth a try. Most pinots in this price point seem rather light and soft. This one is not.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree that the 2007 Cardwell Hill Pinot Noir is alovely wine...& the price is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 2007 Cardwell Hill has much more character than the 2005

    ReplyDelete